Pages

Friday 18 March 2016

Ashleigh's letter to John Key

Dear John Key,

My name is Ashleigh I am Year 6 girl at Stonefields school. I know if you want to change flag you need to use lots of money, but most people in our school want to change the flag, some people said we need to change our flag because Australia has copied our flag, some people said we shouldn't change our flag because that is wasting money.

I think we shouldn't change our flag because this flag has lots of history and you also can see the England flag inside our flag, so I think this flag is talking about where New Zealand has come from.

The new flag has symbols that represent New Zealand. However, the current flag, also represents our country. Some people said Australia is copying it, by just adding one star in the bottom of the flag but it still different, so this is why I don’t want to change our flag.  I know there is lots of people who want to change our flag but also lots of people don’t want to change our flag. I also don’t want to change our flag.

I was wondering why most of people in New Zealand want to change our current flag, I think this flag is better than the new flag. We already changed the New Zealand flag 100 years ago, so we are wasting money (26 million) to change our flag again. If we change our flag New Zealand’s history is going to have to start again.  

Yours Sincerely
Ashleigh

1 comment:

  1. HI Ashleigh, you have some strong views about keeping the original NZ flag and have been able to explain these in your letter. You're right, the referendum process has cost a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete